"Biggest balls in the game."
- One baseball executive measures up White Sox general manager Ken Williams after his shocking trade for Jake Peavy on Friday.
"I'm kind of glad I didn't throw a no-hitter. If I did that the first time, I'd have to live up to some high expectations.''
- Cliff Lee, after tossing a complete-game four-hitter in his Phillies debut against the Giants on Friday night.
"If Chipper (Jones) was a good teammate, he'd send his plane up here to get me."
- Stranded in Baltimore, Adam LaRoche tries to find a way to Atlanta.
"It's tough because I'm leaving my house. This was my house. It's really tough."
- Victor Martinez reacts after being traded by the team that signed him at the age of 17.
"It's a helpless feeling knowing you have no say in whatever goes on, to get here today and walk around not knowing what's going on."
- The subject of trade rumors all week, Clay Buchholz was relieved to still be a Red Sox when the smoke cleared.
"We are not rebuilding. This is a team that, in my opinion, is not far away from being a good, solid baseball team."
- Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo explains his line of thinking, however irrational it may be, for deciding to keep veterans Adam Dunn and Josh Willingham.