* My favorite tidbit from Mark Buehrle's perfect game yesterday afternoon? He was on the mound for a grand total of 32 minutes, which equals one pitch every 16.5 seconds and one out every 71 seconds. I'll bet Buehrle is awesome at speed chess.
* Bobbie Dittmeier of MLB.com reports that John Maine is in danger of missing the remainder of the season with a pinched shoulder nerve that has him scheduled for a visit with Dr. James Andrews. Maine has already been sidelined for seven weeks.
* Amid speculation that the Orioles may call him up next week, 21-year-old top prospect Chris Tillman turned in a clunker last night at Triple-A, giving up four runs on six hits and four walks without making it out of the fourth inning.
* After watching 2007 first-round pick Andrew Brackman pitch last night at Single-A, Dave Cameron of Fan Graphs has a not-so-glowing scouting report on the Yankees' giant of a prospect.
* Presented without comment, the powerful tale of my Circling the Bases blogmate Craig Calcaterra discussing the intricacies of baseball with his wife.