- The Red Sox selected outfielder Michael Yastrzemski, Carl's grandson, in the 36th round. The youngest Yaz is expected to ask for first-round money to back out of a commitment to play at Vanderbilt, but the Red Sox likely have a better chance of signing him than anyone else would have.
- Catcher Austin Maddox, the lone Baseball America top-100 player still on the board entering day three, finally went to the Rays in the 37th round. He has a scholarship at Florida awaiting him.
- Muhammed Ali's adopted son, Asaad, was picked in the 40th round by the Angels. Ali is an 18-year-old catcher out of Michigan.
- The White Sox took the sons of GM Ken Williams and coach Harold Baines in the 43rd and 45th rounds, respectively.
- The Cubs grabbed Reds GM Walt Jocketty's son, Joey, in the 47th round.