* The latest reason why he's one of my favorite managers: Jim Leyland apologized and admitted that he "was totally out of line" after being ejected from yesterday's game for arguing balls and strikes with an imploding Dontrelle Willis on the mound.
* As expected, the Mets have confirmed that J.J. Putz will miss 8-10 weeks following surgery to remove bone spurs from his elbow. Rookie Bobby Parnell will continue to serve as Francisco Rodriguez's primary setup man.
* Geovany Soto is hitting just .209 with one homer in 42 games, so Lou Piniella has decided to give the reigning Rookie of the Year "a nice little mental break" while starting Koyie Hill behind the plate.
* Bill Hall has hit .221/.289/.385 in 175 games since the beginning of last season and it sounds like the Brewers are finally running out of patience. Unfortunately for them, he's making $6.8 million this season with another $8.4 million coming next year.
* Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com penned an interesting, even-handed article about college pitchers racking up huge workloads.
* Justin Morneau takes a crack at blogging, with mixed results.